Thursday, July 5, 2012

8/6
Nothing like a building shaped like...Einstein's Cranium...yikes... to start your day off with!

Leave me here please.

Very super cool scupper/rain spout, half expressionist half in remembrance to a Gargoyle I believe.

Many thanks to Ms. Segran who, along with Mr. Caldwell and Dr. Stuckey, a fountain of knowledge and sharing.  I appreciate the German you we able to teach Conner and me and introducing us to your awesome friend Roland.

The iconic sketch

The artful icon

Nicholaikirche (Schinkel)
More than a church this building reminded me of a governmental state building, maybe that was my own preconception of what two buildings should look like.  The interior was still high and lofty with the emphasis on the stage.  And it was still repainted.

Such pride

Cool screening and louvers on an unknown building in Potsdam



Kind of interesting yet still recreated for us.  But without the recreation how would we know what was and how would we move on from it?


Candid shot of cool dudes coming from a jewelry shop. 

Dear to my heart.
Sanssouci Palace
Too many great photos of this place.  The gardens were very nice but I have to say I was a little disappointed about the tour we got of the Palace.
This palace was built as a "beautification project" modeled after the Palace of Versailles.  Very cool Roccoco style though.  
My turn with Lauren's wide angle
Orangerie Palace
Orangerie Palace
The New Palace
For some reason I liked candid shots of people today.

Yellow Brick Road of Potsdam

No comments:

Post a Comment